GeoCachingEdmonton.com Forum Index GeoCachingEdmonton.com
The Edmonton Area''s Geocaching Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Return to GCE   Open Chat Window

Nomad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GeoCachingEdmonton.com Forum Index -> GPS Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockchick67
Geo-stationary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Nomad yesterday whilst nabbing the Brass Cap in the area. I will find a new spot for him soon.
Rockchick67
Geo-stationary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad is back into play!!!

N 53 32.631
W 114 07.980

D 2 / T 2.0

Clue: qbjauvyy sebz TP24RTD, haqre jbbq
Stig Figger
Geo-D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been going through past emails, and noticed that a cacher wrote me on May 5 to say that he found Nomad at the same site as http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC53GX1_fountain-creek-cache-1-the-park. That puts it far away from the last posted coords here in the forum. Does anyone want to go pick up Nomad to get it going again, or to trash it and be done with it?

Thanks!
Stig.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep Nomad going! He's got staying power.

So someone rescued him from the boondocks and hyperspaced him to suburbia? Okay, saves me a trip; I'd been meaning to do a rescue mission.

Hmm, how the L do you get across that freeway on a bike?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Nomad??? or not? Reply with quote

So I went to the Fountain Creek cache today to see if I could find where there were two caches. I did indeed find two, but couldn't tell which one might be Nomad. I couldn't find Rockchick67's name on either one. Not knowing what kind of container Nomad is in, I left them both there. Rats! Thought I finally had my hands on this one.
fidorama
Geo-centric

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at past logs I am fairly certain we were able to determine which was nomad. So I grabbed, and will drop him again shortly
GeoGuider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a good reason for me to get a cell phone. Darn! I had my hands on it and now it's gone!
Viajero Perdido
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a Rubbermaid-style "small", covered with camo tape, and with a roll of flagging tape inside.

Sound familiar?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Nomad - missed an opportunity Reply with quote

One was painted, one was not, but neither wasn't labeled in any way. They were matching containers - small Rubbermaid with a logbook. If I could have checked online to see who had signed recently, I could have figured it out. I looked at the one that was camo'd and thought, "That's the one!" but decided to err on the side of caution. Besides I couldn't see Rockchick7's name anywhere. Darn...had it in my hands!
Rockchick67
Geo-stationary

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My name would be in Nomad twice, so it doesn't sound like what Geoguider found is Nomad. I haven't found the other cache mentioned, so my name certainly wouldn't be in that one...I'll take a venture out to where I left the little guy and make sure he's actually gone.
fidorama
Geo-centric

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we found 2 basically identical containers at the site, and tried our best to determine which was nomad.. I mean we cannot be 100% certain but? what concerns me is the lack of flagging tape which was said to be in it. I am planning to drop what I hope is nomad shortly and will put a roll in.
fidorama
Geo-centric

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after further investigation, and looking at all the info and logs. I don't believe either one of the cache containers at the fountain creek cache to be nomad. So I returned to the scene of the crime and replaced it next to the other hide where I found it. I would have to believe nomad to still be at the location where RC left it. Unfortunately it's to far out for me at the moment.
huntingwithtrolls
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an attempt to get our hands on Nomad, Lady Viper and I made the trip to the last posted coordinates on this forum. It wasn't far from Chickakoo and We had not found much out that way.

At the posted coordinates:
N 53 32.631
W 114 07.980

There is a cache called Annaliesa Estates, so we searched nearby to see if it was placed near here. We found no flagging and no other cache.

Fountain Creek is indeed very far away from these coordinates
Those coordinates would be roughly:

N 53 29.701 W 113 19.580

so for now Nomad remains missing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GeoCachingEdmonton.com Forum Index -> GPS Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: