GeoCachingEdmonton.com Forum Index GeoCachingEdmonton.com
The Edmonton Area''s Geocaching Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Return to GCE   Open Chat Window

Nomad
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    GeoCachingEdmonton.com Forum Index -> GPS Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stig Figger
Geo-D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Nomad Reply with quote

“Nomad” is a moving cache. This game will be played similar to Calgary’s straight-forward “Stash n’ Dash” moving cache listed on geocaching.com. The container is rather small, so “Nomad” only has enough room for a roll of red fluorescent survey/trail-marking tape, a log book, a pencil and the stash note. If you like, you could also trade small cache items like pins or Travel Bugs, but I haven’t put any inside.

The only way to ‘win’ is to be First To Find (FTF). If you find it at the listed co-ordinates, tear off a small piece of flagging and affix it very close to the hiding spot, leaving it visible for any latecomers so that they will realize they were beat to the punch. As soon as possible, write a note in this forum topic to announce you’ve found it. Ideally, you should re-hide “Nomad” immediately afterwards so that when you login to the GCE forums your can announce in your message the new co-ordinates for where you moved “Nomad”. In this regard, please don’t pick up “Nomad” if you can’t re-hide it and make your forum announcement on the same day or early the next day (e.g. don’t grab it on your way out of town). In your forum message, comment on the terrain difficulty and consider leaving an encrypted hint on how to find it. There is no approval process, so you may hide “Nomad” wherever you wish - but please, for now, leave it within the city limits of Edmonton/St. Albert/Sherwood Park. Contrary to GC.com rules, you may even leave it less than 160m from an established cache (cluster caching can be a good thing!) - but please do abide by GC.com guidelines about avoiding private property, bridges, train tracks, schools, etc. to avoid unwanted attention and to restrict danger. I also suggest avoiding areas with a high muggle-risk, since I would pester Twisted Evil YOU, the hider, to replace “Nomad” should it go missing. I will declare my reservations if I think your co-ordinates violate the above aspects and will pester Twisted Evil you to re-hide “Nomad” if necessary.

Did I cover it all?

Last edited by Stig Figger on Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Stig Figger
Geo-D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The details of Nomad's first hiding spot are...

Nomad001: N53 29.873 W113 31.148
Terrain: 1.5
Hint: Haqre na boivbhf cvyr. (encrypted as on GC.com)

I forgot to write anything in the log book Embarassed . Could the first finder leave a blank page for me (assuming I will find it again some day!)?
Geo-D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hey, hey, hey, we are FTBFTF (First to be FTF)!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The whole parade went on this hunt. Cool game! This was one of the 10 cache/waymark that we visited today (Yes I know Time, you asked us to slow down, but... what can I say!). There is now a nice piece of orange flagging tape where the cache used to be! We re-hid the cache right away and here are the details of its second home:

Nomad002: N53 28.612 W113 33.338
Terrain: 2 (it is just a tad more difficult than Nomad001)
Hint: Nobhg 5 zrgref bss gur znva genvy, haqre n snyyra ybt. (encrypted with rot 13, same as on GC.com)

Rot 13 decoders are available on the web. Here is one of them: http://tools.geht.net/rot13.html

We did leave a blank page for you Time and wrote a note to that efect on the "blank page".
ve6dave
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grabbed Nomad this afternoon, will post the coordinates shortly. It was a nice walk to the cache, seems I had been along that route just a short time ago. Grabbed the cache then proceeded to go and find YAMC Pinochio.
Stig Figger
Geo-D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ve6dave wrote:
Grabbed Nomad this afternoon, will post the coordinates shortly.

Shortly Confused ? Better get on it, or I won't let you play GeoBingo anymore Laughing .
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad is on the road again, or rather may be under the road soon, if he isn't found with haste. Razz

NOMAD 003: N53 34.642 W113 35.292

Difficulty: 1
Terrain: 1

Arneyl n qevir-gueh

ve6dave
RoadsideTurnout
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone can breathe a sigh of relief. I got there before the steamrollers flattened it under the asphalt.

Good hide, good hint, ve6dave.

Will double check my coordinates and post them in the a.m.
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad has a new spot. Had to abandon the first spot we chose as I have a strong suspicion I was seen so chose another spot.

Coords are N53 31.475 W113 36.949

Difficulty and Terrain: both 1

Hint: abg sne bss gur cngu
va cynag

Happy caching!
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Nomad Reply with quote

Well I thought I'd better check on Nomad this a.m. as still nobody has picked him up. He is very sad Sad and lonely and is hoping someone will come and pick him up real soon.
Geo-D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Nomad Reply with quote

RoadsideTurnout wrote:
Well I thought I'd better check on Nomad this a.m. as still nobody has picked him up. He is very sad Sad and lonely and is hoping someone will come and pick him up real soon.

I almost picked him up yesterday (lunch time) as I was in the area for another cache, but ran out of time on my lunch break.
ve6dave
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Nomad Reply with quote

RoadsideTurnout wrote:

Unfortunately, I have been out of town, so I haven't had the opportunity to snag it again. Mr Speedy figures that I should move it up to St. Albert. Very Happy
Mr. Speedy
Geo-D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Nomad Reply with quote

ve6dave wrote:
Mr Speedy figures that I should move it up to St. Albert. Very Happy

No, no, you got it all wrong! South side, Mr. South Side! Wink
Oatway
Geo-synchronous

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomad told me that he has had enough of the hustle and bustle of 'The Mall' and would like to escape to an island somewhere. Not sure if this is what he had in mind, but you may find him visiting N 53° 32.645 W 113° 31.900.
Terrain = 1-1.5
Hint = qba'g 'nyzbfg' whzc npebff yvxr v qvq!
RoadsideTurnout
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Nomad Reply with quote

Well, I guess Nomad didn't like the island any better than I did so he has left now. I don't think he got as wet as I did though. Sad At least I don't think anyone noticed me walking down the street with one leg soaking wet. Embarassed By the way, Oatway, when you placed Nomad, were you aware that you were only a few meters away from another cache which you haven't logged yet Question (hehehe) Better check out Where's Paul?

Nomad hasn't found a new home yet but hopefully will have one by tonight and I will post the coordinates then.
Geo-graphical

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Nomad Reply with quote

Nomad has a new home this morning. He has decided on a wooded area this time. The new coordinates are:
N53 30.332 W113 37.328

I will give this one a difficulty and terrain of 2, level ground but a bushy area.

Clue: Ubyybj fghzc

Happy Caching!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GeoCachingEdmonton.com Forum Index -> GPS Games All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: